2016 is the year you get to feel more, discover more joy, fun and positivity, and improve your health and wellbeing along the way.
It’s time to move away from the mind stories that keep you playing small, stuck in a past that you can’t change and feeling stressed out as you worry about a future that is unlikely to happen.
You are a complete and unique human being consisting of body, emotions, energy and mind. However many people today due to social and cultural pressures let the mind rule the roost with its storytelling and running of limiting, negative and outdated beliefs. This results in a sense of being disconnected from a large part of themselves.
This disconnection results in:
- The body just being something that carries you around, which you may criticize for its appearance, but which is taken for granted until major pain or illness occurs.
- Your emotions being squashed or denied, with the belief that some emotions, such as anger, should never be felt, resulting in numbness, wild outbursts and increased stress and, in the long term, health issues.
- Energy turning into just something that you have, or don’t have enough of in our 24/7 society.
- Ignoring your essence. Essence is how your mind is wired – it’s preference to follow masculine or feminine traits. It is not determined by gender or sexual preference though most typically it is related to sexual preference. Today masculine traits are what most western education and business favor. The result is women striving to be men, causing a lot of unrecognized stress on their body’s system and the confusing messages stress men and have them trying to reinstall balance by being more feminine.
- Not listening to the wonderful, creative and insightful information from your intuition that won’t lead you astray like your mind will.
Learn to feel more
Every one of us is unique, physically and mentally, and the experiences you have are all unique to you. You may be having the experience with someone else, but how you react, how you feel and what you remember is unique to you. By feeling more you can be more in tune with who you really are. You will be more authentic to yourself and others. Stress will be reduced and you will improve your health and wellbeing. By harnessing the amazing power of your mind correctly it is even possible to heal yourself of disease.
- Listen to your body, emotions, energy and intuition. Pause for a couple of minutes each hour, close your eyes and tune in to yourself. Be curious to what you can feel.
- Teach your mind to be a translator of what is happening in the present moment by being mindful of what is going on around you and what the whole of you is telling you.
- Become aware when you are going into story mode, trying to change the past or worrying about the future and instead switch to be in the here and now.
- Become more in-tune with your body by practicing slow motion movement, yoga or Pilates.
- Learn to mediate. There are many different ways, including walking meditation, so find one that is right for you.
- Feel and express your emotions as they arise as long as it is safe to do so. Just like a rainbow needs all its colors to be a rainbow, you need all your emotions to be a complete and healthy human being. When you allow yourself to feel your emotions in the present moment they flow through you quickly and it’s possible to feel joy even in the dark moments if you stay open and curious.
- Allow yourself to daydream, to tap into your imagination. By visualizing something as if it is happening right now, including how it makes your body feel emotionally and physically, you are harnessing the power of the ‘law of attraction’. You are able to induce healing, release something that is not safe to release in reality and harness your creativity.
- Learn to work with rather than against your natural essence. Join an Art of Feminine Presence class and if you are a man there are men’s groups to support you too.
- Discover what environment YOU require for optimal health and well being by joining ph360
- Don’t focus on what’s going wrong. Find the fun and joy that’s always present if you look hard enough.
Wishing you a healthy, happy and joyful 2016.