Personalized health is having its moment in the sun with the forthcoming release of the Apple Watch and iOS 8’s Health and Health Kit apps. But the real benefit of personalizing a weight loss, fitness, diet, or lifestyle plan is not only transforming your health right now, but also living better in the years to come. A personalized health plan will change as you change—and particularly as you age.
The aging process may feel unknown and even frightening, but with the right foods, exercise, climate, professional environment, and personal relationships, it doesn’t have to be. In fact, a personalized health plan can help to slow aging and bring out your best: Shiny hair, glowing skin, and the right shape for your unique body at every stage of life.
As with any part of your health regimen, it’s critical to recognize that what’s right at one moment may not be right the next. The exercise routine that’s ideal for weight loss when you’re a teenager doesn’t apply when you’re 30, or 40, or 50. And the same goes for diet, and almost every other part of your lifestyle routine.
Here are 5 hot tips to look great at any age:
- Exercise right for your age: As we age, our musculoskeletal structure changes. Bone density shifts, joints transform, and our bodies need different things in order to maintain optimal performance. That means the ten sets of burpees you used to do may not be appropriate for your knees, and might even harm your joints rather than help. The right kind of exercise can help you lose weight fast, and keep it off no matter what your age.
- Eat right for your age: Metabolism often slows with age, but that doesn’t mean the end of delicious meals. Instead, it’s time to reassess how your body processes food, and discover new foods that support your changing needs. You may find that you can tolerate foods you couldn’t years before, and vice versa. Respect your digestive system and gut health, and it will respect your desire for glowing skin and radiant health! Take the time to discern which foods make you feel good, and which prohibit healthy digestive function.
- Cultivate nurturing relationships: Research shows that oxytocin, the “bonding” and “trust” hormone, which is released during positive interactions with other people, not only makes us feel good emotionally, but also keeps our hearts healthy. An absence of positive, nurturing relationships has been shown in research to lead to heightened fatility rates among the elderly. Remember, it’s quality, not quantity. Spend time with those who bring you joy.
- Hydrate: No matter what your age, water is one of the most potent healers around. Make sure you’re drinking enough water throughout the day to rehydrate your cells and nourish your tissues.
- Keep track of your changing body: One of the greatest innovations that comes along with new technologies like the Apple Watch and Health app is the capacity to track your health and your body over time. Apps like ph360 take this a step further by showing you what this information means in real life. Whether the change is a move to a cooler climate, a weight gain or weight loss, a new job, or the simple fact of your aging, you need the power of tracking to keep your health goals in focus. Moreover, tracking helps keep the path to reaching those goals clear.
Discover your own personalized health plan today on ph360.me!