How balanced is your life?
Is it all work and no play?
How often do you have fun?
Life for many people today is stressful and busy. One of the first things often to go is time to have fun, the time to play and connect with the child that is always within you, who is longing to get out and express herself.
Having time to play, have fun and be creative are great ways to reduce stress, anxiety and boost your health and well being.
Autumn as the nights and mornings draw in, the leaves begin to fall and mornings can be cold and frosty, plus Halloween and Bonfire night, this is a great time of year to let your inner child come out to play, but don’t restrict it to autumn, make it part of your life all year.
Some ideas for letting your inner child come out to play this Autumn:
- Go for a walk and marvel at the wonderful colours of nature around you.
- Enjoy the sound of your feet scrunching through piles of leaves and kick them up.
- Jump in puddles.
- Enjoy an open fire and roast marshmallows.
- Make a college from fallen leaves
- Collect berries and horse chestnuts
- Design and make costumes for Halloween
- Make arrangements of autumn foliage
- Arrange a Halloween or bonfire party
- Curl up with a good book
- Have a games evening
So go out and have fun and share any great times you have as you enjoy autumn, spring, summer and winter and connect with your inner child.
Also in Health
By Sophia Godkin, PhD The word ‘karma’ gets a bad rap these days. It’s like the misbehaving child causing a ruckus on the playground, making everyone’s life miserable. Just say the word ‘karma’ and the expression…